Friday, July 15, 2011

Weeds

Yesterday I picked weeds for my house. 

See, I saw this sweet little flower coming up on our side of the fence (no comments on how we are weeding failures please) and when I looked over to the field behind our house I could see that there were more out there. 
I thought a big bunch of them would be cute on my table. So I got my boys and we went for an adventure behind the house. Logan was thrilled to have space to run and I was looking forward to free flowers. 

While we were out there I kept telling Tyson that it smelled like a homeless person. Or a dirty diaper. Something bad. Tyson didn't smell it but whenever I stooped near the ground I caught a big whiff. 

I was a little disappointed in the flower selection. Seems like the extra water our plant got from being in our yard benefited it quite a bit because the ones in the field were kinda scrawny. I got a handful anyway and took them home to trim.

Where I discovered the source of the smell.

My flowers smell like poop!

Sigh.

So they live on the porch now.
I know. It looks kinda sad.

And it is.

I'm gonna pretend Logan picked them for me and I didn't have the heart to throw them away.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I think they're cute! Too bad they smell yucky.

    ReplyDelete