Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cardboard Queen

That's the label my mother affectionately gave me when I told her about my latest project. And yes, my love affair with the cardboard diaper box continues. If I had known how much fun they were going to be I would have started stocking up on diapers years ago!
I wanted to get the letter "L" at a craft store and cover it with moss (yes, I've been taken in with that trend) but all the letters were too big or too small. So I went home, dismantled a diaper box, and started sketching one out.  With the advice of my craft day girls I got the letter the way I wanted and hot glued a little more cardboard on there to make it 3D.
 I didn't bother putting a back on it because I'm lazy and hoping there is no reason for anyone to see the back. 
I hot glued a little mossy goodness on there... then I ripped it off because it didn't look right, and then glued it on again.
 And yeah, I did put a piece with an unfinished back in front of a mirror. Not the greatest plan I suppose. 
So don't waste your money on those outrageously expensive craft store letters (hey, I can do a lot with $10) make them yourself!

This post brought to you by glue guns and the letter L. 

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had known you were looking for an "L". I have a perfectly good one you can have sitting in my garage that I have no idea what to do with. You are way craftier than I ever even dream of being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice work! That was speedy quick, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I loooove cheap n cute crafts. I want to get some blocks of wood to mount pictures on with mod podge.

    ReplyDelete