Saturday, December 4, 2010

The one about Thanksgiving

And what a fabulous Thanksgiving it was.

It began with my sister. She came a week and a day before Thanksgiving so we could have some quality sisterly time.

And we did.





Adorable! If Disney princesses were real she would be Snow White.

A few days after she came Adam and Emily's roommate Hope drove up (with a couple other Portland people who did not stay with us) to join the party.

Aah, it was so fun. It makes me sad to think that it's over already which is probably why it's taken me so long to blog.


Don't worry, we actually had enough beds for them all, they just all crawled in together to stalk people on facebook.

Adam used a skillful strategy to insure that he got at least one treat while he was here. He suggested that we all do a thanksgiving craft together... an edible one.

Well as soon as I heard the word craft I was in, so yeah, he got his treat.

We made tiny turkeys!

 Ha ha ha! Look at Emily's face.

Ok, here's a better one.



Along with the turkey making there was also some wii action and a few BYU zoobies pretending to be gangsters.


Thanksgiving morning Tyson and I got our run on and did a 5k. I figured it was the best way to insure I got at least 2 pieces of pie guilt free. 

It was so cold! We had to dodge ice on the trail although I considered purposely slipping to get myself out of running. Just kidding, it actually felt pretty good. A great way to start off our Thanksgiving morning.

The Thanksgiving spread was both beautiful and delicious. We had a great day!





3 comments:

  1. Those turkeys are so cute! Way to go on running a 5K - in the cold. Glad you happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little chocolate turkeys and a 5-K AND thanksgiving dinner!? You're a super mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to spend a Thanksgiving Holiday. It didn't look as chaotic as it was here. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete