Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two lips!

In case you're wondering, this is what 40 acres of tulips looks like.

And actually, there were more behind me and more to the right so this isn't even the full 40 acres. It was so pretty!
Logan and I are now official fans of the woodburn tulip festival.
Although as a sidenote I have to say I was not a fan of the terrain. It was so not stroller friendly. And near the end of our visit Logan wanted me to hold him, and the Bjorn didn't count. So I'm holding him in one arm and pushing the stroller through the mud and potholes with the other. It was frustrating. Finally I just put him back in the stroller telling myself that if he cried, too bad. Well two seconds later he was asleep.

Oh.

Anyway, I went with my craft day girls (who I need to write more about) and a few friends from church. We had a blast picking out which tulips we wanted in our own yards and keeping the kids from eating the mud.
Did I mention that we went shopping at the outlet mall before the tulip festival? Not that it made the trip any more worthwhile but... yes, yes it did. Shopping will do that for ya.

In the end, the weather was gorgeous, the friends were plentiful, and the drive home in Friday afternoon traffic took two hours instead of one. At least the kiddies slept the whole way! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect kind of day. Wish I were there to go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that Lindsay(ey?) I spotted? How fun that you two get to play together out there. We sure were crossing our fingers that we'd match in Portland, but alas, I wasn't meant to be your friend. What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw fields of flowers like that when we first moved to Mesa. It was gorgeous and smelled the same. Glad you saw it.

    ReplyDelete