Sunday, January 25, 2009

The chicken that changed my life

First, let me say I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this death cold. I was even able to do an easy workout on Friday which felt pretty good. Besides the part where I hacked up my left lung while riding the bike.
Meh, whatever.
In other news, I tried one of Pioneer Woman's recipes for dinner tonight! Her recipes scare me just a little for two reasons:
a) She might sometimes maybe use ingredients I've never heard of before.
b) she might sometimes maybe use tools I've never heard of before.
c) She might sometimes maybe use more butter than I have in my fridge right now.
And I like butter.
Her recipes always look so delicious though and one of her more recent ones, Ranch Style Chicken called out to me in a voice I could not ignore. A voice that included bacon.
It was sooo good you guys. You must make it.
I forgot to take a picture but just look at her page and know that it looked exactly like hers. Exactly. Besides that I made mashed potatoes instead. And I had a salad with it.
As I sit here basking in the memory of that delectable meal I feel inspired to write several haikus of love about this chicken.
My ranch style chicken
made my kitchen smell real good
like bacon and cheese.
One mistake I made
was that I burned the bacon
I'm sorry P-Dub.
When I took a bite
the melding of the flavors
made me hum with joy.
The chicken was moist
the marinade was tangy
The bacon crunched. Yum.
Oh ranch style chicken
my heart will not forget you
neither will my hips.
Yeah, it was that good. You should make it and let me know what you think! Or better yet, you can come visit me and I'll make it for you. That would be fun, no?

6 comments:

  1. i totally relate to all three of your given reasons for being scared with certain recipes! ha ha.
    um, i have the death cold now too. i'm on day 6. how long did yours go again?.... oh boy.
    oh, and i'd love to come visit, especially if you make dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pioneer Woman! That's awesome that you read it, too. She cracks me up and her food always looks way good. Have you read her Black Heels to Tractor Wheels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...i'm always looking for a new way to cook chicken. we've heard that tyler florence has an amazing chicken recipe on the food network website.
    and btw, love the haikus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...chicken. bacon ranch chicken. and i have all three of those ingreedaments in my frigerader. i shall make it and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to come and visit-except when it is hot here and cool there! I love her recipes too and I COMPLETELY agree with the butter thing. We've had the same death cold here too...I'm still coughing-though not a lung up anymore.

    ReplyDelete